Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It could have been worse....

First let me start out by saying I am a very good cook and Brandon will never starve at any point in his life. I mean Im not a fancy cook that makes crazy stuff on a daily basis but we do not eat the same thing meal after meal.

Ok now that I have that out of the way let me say this while I am a good cook I am also very blonde and forgetful. I have been known to leave the oven on after I am done with it. I have been known to leave the fridge cracked and I am known to loose things in places that I will hopefully find some day. I hate this about myself.. Its my least favorite quality. I just keep forgetting to not forget simple things like those.

So here is my confession:
I almost burned the house down less then one week after we were married.

So heres the story:
Last week we decided to have a cook out with our friends. Brandon was going to grill while I made the sides. So it was set. I woke up Saturday morning knowing I needed to start the potatoe salad early so it had time to cool. I finished cleaning up the house, ate some lunch then started boiling the eggs for the salad. We then decided to run to walmart to get some stuff. I like the blonde, forgetful person I am left the eggs on the stove on high.

We returned from the store to find our house completely filled with smoke. I was shocked. I never knew that eggs would explode or burn like that. I felt like a complete idiot. We started opening windows and doors to clear the smoke out. But in the end all that was affected was the pan, the eggs, and my cooking pride! Thankfuly because It could have been worse....

On Sunday we woke up and decided to take the dogs to the park. so we loaded them in their crates and were off they loved it. ok well Presley loved it but Maggie was not allowed off her leash because she seemed to be the object of many male dogs attention and it was not making her a sweet lovable dog.  After the park we decided to go get pedicures(FYI thank the lord for a man that loves Pedis as much as I do) Brandon was done way before me so he decided to take the dogs back to Joshs house to potty before we went home. after some time we discovered that both our dogs were not in the back yard any longer. After 45 minutes of searching we had given up. No one had even spotted them. We were both devastated. We decided to go grab some food and continue looking. Because of a couple different reasons and timing that could only be explained by god we found the dogs almost 10 blocks away from our friends house where we never even expected. It was a blessing from God and I am sooo grateful to have found them because it could have been worse...

In the end we had a really good weekend and are both very thankful that it wasnt worse....

1 comment:

  1. Joel left the grill on all night in the closed garage one time and I left the oven on ALL night too!! It is crazy how that slips your mind!! I know you how feel losing dogs too...we lost Ranger in Kerrville a couple times...lots of woods and trees and deer to be chased far far away from home!! We searched for hours one night looking for Ranger and I thought he was gone...I was bawling...we did find him though..God helps us find our babies :) Glad you're enjoying married life!!

    ReplyDelete